2010 MALAWI SCHOOL CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION EXAMINATION RESULTS
- The Malawi National Examinations Board (MANEB) in conjunction with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has released the 2010 Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) examination results.
- Of the 68.642 candidates who sat for this examination in at least six subjects including English, 36,621 have qualified for the award of the MSCE representing a 53.35% pass rate.
- Of the 48,719 internal candidates who sat for the examination in at least six subjects including English, 27,612 have qualified for the award of the MSCE, representing a 56.68% pass rate.
- Of the 19,923 external candidates who sat for the examination in at least six subjects including English, 9,009 have qualified for the award of the MSCE, representing 45.22% pass rate.
- 251 candidates have been disqualified in the examination for contravening MANEB regulations. The letter “D” appears against the names of such candidates on the pass/fail list.
- Where the letter “N” appears it indicates that the candidates have not been graded in the subject because of failure to satisfy the MANEB regulations regarding that subject.
- The results of some candidates are being withheld pending investigations in connection with examination malpractices or entry anomalies. The letter ‘W’ appears against the names of such candidates on the pass/fail list.
- All those who wrote the examination without following proper entry procedures have not been graded and their results do not appear on the pass/fail list.
- Candidates are informed that their results will be available at the centres where they registered.
- Candidates wishing to query their results should do so in writing through the head of the centre where they registered.
- MANEB will not entertain any query about the results made directly to it by individuals.
- All queries should reach MANEB by ………………………………….. after this date, no further queries will be entertained.
The grading used in the results is as follows:
1 and 2 denotes a pass with Distinction
3,4,5 and 6 denotes a pass with Credit
7 and 8 denotes an ordinary Pass
9 denotes a Fail
A candidate qualifying for the Malawi School Certificate of Education must obtain at least:
passes in six subjects including English of which one pass is with a credit.
Passes in five subjects including English of which three of the passes are with credit.