|15. (1) The Board shall hold ordinary meetings for
the dispatch of
business at least once every three months in each year.
|(2) No member of the Board shall attend the meetings of the Board by
(3) An extraordinary meeting of the Board
a) may be convened by the Chairman within seven days after giving notice to members of the Board.
b) Shall be convened by the Chairman within fourteen days of the receipt by him of a requested in writing signed by not less than four members of the Board and specifying the purpose for which the meeting is convened; or
c) If the Chairman does not convene the meeting requested, the members requesting such meeting.
(4) At any meeting of the Board -
a) the chairman or in his absence the Vice-Chairman shall preside;
b) in absence of both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman the members present shall elect one of their number to preside;
c) the quorum shall be formed by any six members
(5) At any meeting of the Board a decision on any matter shall be that of the majority of the members present and voting and in the event of an equality of votes, the person presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his deliberative vote.
(6) The Board shall cause minutes to be kept of the proceedings of every
meeting of the Board.
| Establishment of Committees
||16.The Board may, for the better carrying into effect
of its purposes and functions under this Act, establish such committees
as the Board shall deem appropriate to perform such functions and responsibilities
as the Board may consider expedient.
| Disclosure of Interest
||17. (1) A member of the Board who has an interest directly or
indirectly, in any matter to be considered by the Board shall, soon after
the facts have come to the knowledge of the member, disclose this fact
and the nature of the interest to the Board.
|(2) After the disclosure, the remaining members shall discuss
the matter and determine whether the member should be precluded from participating
further in the meeting concerned and the decision taken by the remaining
members regarding the matter shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
(3) Subject to the provisions of subsection (2), a member who has an interest in a matter that is before the Board and who cannot therefore perform his functions in a fair, unbiased and proper manner shall not vote, participate in any other manner in the proceedings of a meeting of the Board or be present at the venue such a meeting being held.
(4) Where a member does not comply with the provisions of subsections
(1) and (3) then the proceedings of such a meeting relating to the matter
in which he has an interest shall be void.
B. No. 19